just had MS Premier Support restore some missing SQL Counters for us. Actually, the counters weren’t missing but rather had missing data..
Here is the fix:
– We followed the steps below to reload the SQL Server counters.
1. Open a CMD window and change the path to the Binn directory of the SQL Server instance.
2. Run command unlodctr MSSQLSERVER.
3. Run command lodctr perf-MSSQLSERVERsqlctr.ini.
4. Run command lodctr /T:perf-MSSQLSERVERsqlctr.ini.
5. Run command net stop “Remote Registry”.
6. Run command net start “Remote Registry”.
– We checked the registry hive “KHEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib09” and found the database mirroring counters there.
– After rebooting the server, we found the missing instance values back under performance counter objects of “SQLServer:Database Mirroring”.